Search the site for relevant content
All EM IEP hosted events/training sessions are FREE (except where indicated) to local authority and fire & rescue service staff.
Location: The Derby Conference Centre, London Road, Derby, DE24 8UX
Event date: 18 Nov 2010
Identifying and disseminating good practice will facilitate effective and efficient waste management systems and techniques. With an annual spend of £215.8m on municipal waste collection and disposal, in the East Midlands (07/08), there is the opportunity to identify and deliver significant efficiency.
This event is free to attend and a buffet lunch and refreshments will be served. The event will give you the opportunity to:
• Learn about the implications of the Comprehensive Spending Review
• Receive the latest information on current legislation and future government plans
• Receive advice on collaborative procurement from an expert who has been through the process
• Receive tips on partnership working and benchmarking
• Look at waste minimisation techniques and demonstrate return on investment
• Discuss examples of good practice from across the region
• Network with other operational managers and heads of service and the high profile speakers
Who should attend?
- Directors of Environmental Services
- Heads of Services
- Operational Managers
Welcome and Introductions
Cllr Neil Clarke Leader of Rushcliffe Borough Council and EM IEP Member Champion for Environment
Implications of the Comprehensive Spending Review
Malcolm Staley Deputy Chief Executive Broxtowe Borough Council
Ray Georgeson MBE Director Ray Georgeson Resources Ltd
Rachel Gray Specialist Adviser Waste Prevention WRAP
Understanding Partnership Working and Information on Benchmarking Waste Collection Services
Christine Batty Waste and Resource Project Manager Waste Improvement Network
Collaboration on Procurement
David Parton Head of Direct Services Gedling Borough Council
Case Studies- will be available shortly
Simon Hume Technical Officer Daventry District Council
Next Steps for the Programme
Rebecca Parker Project Manager EM IEP
Sorry - this event is now FULLY BOOKED.
Lois Dale, Programme Support Officer