Search the site for relevant content
All EM IEP hosted events/training sessions are FREE (except where indicated) to local authority and fire & rescue service staff.
Location: Austin Court, Birmingham, B1 2NP
Event date: 18 Jan 2011
The government's spending review and the impact on transport budgets of at least 30% over the next three years will inevitably provide Highway Authorities with huge challenges to balance the books. This will require radical new service models and redesign
together with service reductions. At the heart of this agenda of doing "more for less" is the efficiency challenge.
This free event provides an opportunity to hear the learning lessons on the improvement and efficiency programme from the members of the Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA). The MHA is an alliance of 24 Highway Authorities in both the East and West
Midlands focusing on new ways of working to deliver sustainable service improvements and efficiency savings.
To date, fifteen demonstrator projects have been completed delivering projected savings of over £30 million. This has significant additional potential to be rolled out further across the Midlands area and generate huge savings. The MHA is recognised
nationally as a forerunner in innovative partnership and collaborative working and a way forward for the future as Councils and partner organisations respond to the current difficult economic and environmental challenges and pressures.
Who should attend and why?
All Directors, Assistant Directors, Members and Senior Managers will benefit from attending this workshop because it will:
• Provide an overview of the governance and programme management arrangements are funded, delivered, monitored and reviewed.
• Provide an insight into how the MHA Efficiency projects have identified the potential to save £30 million within the participating Councils with significant additional potential regionally and nationally.
• How partnerships were cultivated between Councils and their private sector partners to focus on a common goal to improve services and deliver sustainable cashable savings.
• Allow you to listen and learn on the practical experiences, the lessons learned and how partnership "clusters" were developed and successfully delivered.
• Listen to how the modern best practice techniques of LEAN thinking, smarter procurement and sustainability are embraced positively within the programme to deliver benefits.
• Enable participants to debate and implement the key learning lessons from the day into their Councils.
To register for this FREE event go to:
Lois Dale, Programme Support Officer